Crystal Violet - Some Simple Facts
- Hexamethylpararosanilin Chloride
- Medicinally has been used to treat burns, wounds and fungal infections
Unknown. (2005). Crystal Violet. Available: http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Crystal_violet. Last accessed 17th Oct 2014.
- Crystal Violet is a triphenylmenthane dye
- It is often referred to as the medicinal preparation gentian violet
- Crystal violet has not been approved to be used in aquqaculture and that is because it is also mutagenic
Wendy C. Andersen, Sherri B. Turnipseed, Christine M. Karbiwnyk, Rebecca H Lee, Susan B.Clark, W. Douglas Rowe, Mark R. Madson, Keith E.Miller. (2007). Analyses of Crystal Violet & Brilliant Green. Laboratory Information Bulletin. 23 (LIB 4395), N/A.