Personal Capture (PCap) is a version of ReCap that can be installed on personal computers or devices. It allows users to schedule, create, edit and upload their own recordings whilst sitting at their desk.
As well as capturing the screen content and audio PCap also allows users to capture a video of the presenter (talking head) if a webcam is available. All recordings, once processed, can be made available via the VLE and are stored securely as in-venue ReCap recordings.
PCap has been used across the university for things such as:
- Recording pre-lecture materials
- Creating additional material to support lectures or seminars
- Providing responses to student queries
- Giving student feedback on assignments or exams
- Delivering administrative information for students, e.g. information about module choices, placement details, financial information
- Creating training materials for staff or students, e.g. training in a software package
We have a campus wide licence for the software so there is no additional cost for the software however you will need a microphone - either one built into the computer you intend to use or a separate microphone or webcam. The software can be used on either Windows or Apple computers.
How can I gain access to the software?
If you would like to use the ReCap Personal capture software please complete our request form.